Compare Landlords Property Insurance Quotations

Clarke Williams are experts in Property Owners Insurance for both Residential and Commercial Properties and provide unique solutions for our clients using our experience, insurer relationships and understanding of risk management.

  • Buildings insurance to repair or rebuild your property following a loss
  • Include cover for Loss of Rent or Malicious Damage by Tenant
  • Property Owners’ Liability cover (up to £10 million)
  • Cover to re-house your tenants in alternative accommodation following a significant loss
  • Cover for multiple properties under one policy
  • Optional Rent Guarantee Insurance available

For a comprehensive review of your Property Insurance contact the team today on 01732 252898.

What does a Landlords Property Insurance Policy cover me for?

Typically, Landlords Property Insurance policies will provide cover for:

Buildings Insurance which protects the buildings from a number of specific events also known as “perils” such as Fire, Flood, Escape of Water or Subsidence. In the unfortunate event of a loss occurring, the insurer will pay the costs of repairing or rebuilding the property so that the Landlord is put back into the position they were prior to the loss occurring.

Property Owners Liability which covers you against the cost of claims arising from injury or damage suffered by a third party. This could be a tile falling off the roof and injuring a passer-by or a fire that damages the neighbouring property. Property Owners’ Liability will protect you financially should the third-party claim for compensation. Property Owners Liability is typically automatically included if you take out Landlords Buildings Insurance.

Alternative Accommodation Costs/ Loss of Rent Insurance enables you to place tenants in alternative accommodation or claim back some of the rent you lose if an insured event, such as a Storm, Fire or Escape of Water from a burst pipe causes the property to be uninhabitable. The limit is based on your annual estimated rent receivable and you can choose to have indemnity period ranging from 12-36 months.

Landlords Property Insurance Policies can also be tailored to include additional cover. We will discuss your needs and can include the following elements of cover where required:

Landlords Contents such a white goods, carpets or furniture.

Accidental damage by Tenant. Accidents will happen but what’s covered under Accidental Damage on your landlords insurance? The definition of Accidental Damage is pretty uniform across the landlord and landlord insurance policies:

Damage that occurs suddenly as a result of an unexpected and non-deliberate external action.
In layman’s terms, that usually means an unintentional one-off incident that harms your property or its contents such as DIY and children related accidents.

Malicious Damage by Tenant. Unfortunately not all Tenants may be as respectful of a property as someone might hope. Malicious Damage by Tenants cover is designed to get your rental property back to the way it was before the damage occurred, so you can get back to renting out your property.

Unoccupied Property Cover. If you need to make repairs or renovations to the house or flat before you rent it, or if you are in-between tenants. Usually “unoccupied” means there’s no one living there for over 30 days but we have access to specialist markets that can provide cover for longer periods and for properties undergoing renovations.

Do I have to have landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance isn’t a legal requirement, but if the worst happens it gives you vital protection for your property investment. Many mortgage lenders make it a requirement of taking out a buy-to-let mortgage.

How much does landlord property insurance cost?

We can provide very competitive policies without sacrificing on cover. Generally, the cost of a policy depends on whether you are insuring a house or a flat and whether it is furnished. If you rent your property to students, Airbnb or other tenants that may pose a higher risk you may have higher charges, or not receive cover by certain landlord policies at all, than if you rent to a professional couple or a family.

Won’t ordinary Home Insurance be enough to cover my rental property?

Your Home Insurance may not cover a rented property if you have not told your insurer. That’s because there are issues with rental properties that aren’t likely to arise with the property you live in:

  • You won’t get to see the property often and judge the state it’s in
  • Tenants pose a higher risk to certain type of claim, such as escape of water
  • Tenants may not pay attention to maintenance issues like damp, and may let them get out of hand
  • Your tenants may cause careless or even malicious damage
  • You could be liable if a tenant is hurt while in your property

As a result standard Home Insurance isn’t designed for the specific issues that landlords might face, and your policy might not cover any claims you need to make – or claims made against you by tenants.

Because the extent and cover of commercial landlord insurance premiums vary, make sure you compare landlord insurance policies to get a deal that’s right for you.

How do I compare landlord insurance for a cheap landlord insurance quote?

Cheap landlord insurance isn’t always the best solution – it’s about getting the right cover for your needs. That’s why we’ve made it easy and do the hard work for you – just tell us what you need and we’ll do the searching for you. Then you can compare prices and choose the landlord insurance quote that suits you.

Get a landlord insurance quote that suits you.

For a comprehensive review of your Property Insurance contact the team today on 01732 252898.

Want to speak to one of our specialists?

Call or email us today for a comprehensive insurance policy at a competitive price.

Telephone: 01732 252898

Or email us using the form below.

Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.

Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898

or submit your details below

Submit your details for a quote

    Contact Name

    Email Address


    Your Message / Enquiry

    Renewal Date (if applicable)

    How did you hear about us?

    I am happy to be contacted

    Clarke Williams Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 758683. The Financial Conduct Authority’s Register can be accessed through . We are registered in England and Wales with Companies House under number 10317065. Our registered office address is Blue Bell Court, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1FU.
    Clarke Williams Ltd
    Blue Bell Court
    Sovereign Way
    TN9 1FU
    Tel: 01732 252 898
    © 2023 Clarke Williams Ltd