Your Future Protected
We Do Things Differently
Specialist Insurance for Installers of Electric Vehicle Charge Points
Clarke Williams Ltd provide competitive insurance premiums for Electrical Contractors undertaking the installations of electric vehicle chargers, with the following covers available;
- Public/Products Liability including Inefficacy
- Employers’ Liability
- Up to £50,000 for any damage caused to a vehicle from the installation of a charge point
- Loss of car keys
- Plant and Tools
- Contract Works
- Professional Indemnity
More car owners are going green and with that the use of electric vehicles in the UK is on the rise. As a result the UK’s electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure is continually growing to meet the needs of households and businesses requiring electrical charge points installed for their vehicles in domestic dwellings, on-street locations, commercial and industrial premises.
At Clarke Williams we can provide cover tailored insurance to electrical contractors installing vehicle charge points including specialist extensions not typically provided under tradesmen liability insurance policies.
What Insurance do I need as an installer of Electrical Charge Points?
Whether you are self-employed or have a team of employees working for you, it is essential you have adequate cover to protect your liabilities.
Public and Products Liability Insurance covers you for bodily injury and property damage to third parties as a result of the services you provide
Employers Liability Insurance covers you for liability arising from employees who sustain an injury or illness during the course of their employment with you. It is a legal requirement for all employers within the UK to hold this cover, most insurers provide £10,000,000 as standard
Construction Professional Indemnity, also known as Design and Construct Professional Indemnity, is designed to protect contractors and sub contracted specialists, such as electrical engineers for allegations relating to errors in their work such as incorrect design and the costs incurred in rectify to mitigate a loss or potential loss that may otherwise result in a claim.
Specialist Covers for Electrical Vehicle Charge Point Installers
- Service Indemnity – Cover can be arranged up to £50,000 for any damage caused to a vehicle from the installation of a charge point such as fire as result of overcharging. What most contractors do not realise is that the majority of Public Liability policies will not automatically cover this risk.
- Efficacy – provides cover for loss or damage to property arising from the failure of a product or service provided such an installation just not charging.
- Defective Workmanship – provides cover for damage or injury caused as a result of your faulty workmanship (but not the damage to the part which was supplied or worked on)
- Loss of Keys – Covers the loss of keys to a vehicle when in your possession.
Why should Electrical Contractors choose Clarke Williams Insurance Brokers?
- High risk trades catered for
- Cover provided for ‘Hot Works’
- We work with insurers who are comfortable with a high proportion of Bona Fide Subcontracted Labour
- We have access to specialist markets that can provide policies with no height and depth limits if required
- Accommodation of high risk locations such as data centres, manufacturing plants, sub stations and power plants
- Over 50 years experience and technical knowledge
- We are independent insurance brokers and we only work for you, the customer.
- All staff are UK based – No call centres
- Dedicated account managers with specialist knowledge in your industry
If you would like a no obligation review of your commercial insurance arraignments call 01732 252 894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can provide comprehensive liability and indemnity insurance policies tailored you needs at a competitive price.
Blog written by Ashley Collins Cert CII
Telephone: 01732 252894
Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.
or submit your details below