Your Future Protected
We Do Things Differently
Damp Proofing Contactors Insurance
For those in the Construction industry Public Liability insurance provides a vital level of protection for unexpected accidents but those in specialist fields such as Damp Proofing, Piling Contractors and Fire Suppression Contractors require specialist covers to truly protect them in the event of a claim.
Clarke Williams are experts in the construction industry and we work closely with our clients to truly understand their business and ensure that they have the right cover at the best possible price, as specialists for Damp Proofing and Control Insurance we can provide solutions to cover any eventuality with access to market leading insurers and facilities in Lloyds of London. Speak to one of our specialists today for a free review.
Cover Available under Damp Proofing Contractors Insurance:
- Liabilities – Employers Liability is a legal requirement to protect against accidental death or injury to your employees. We also can cater for Public Liability to protect your business from injury to the public and damage to property arising from your business activities up to £50mil if required.
- Contractors All Risks – Cover for any loss or damage to the installation prior to completion of the Contract. Cover can extend to include loss or damage to your own plant and equipment or hired-in plant including continuing hire charges.
- Professional Indemnity – Cover for losses as a result of incorrect advice, design, errors or omissions whilst carrying out your duties. We can provide expert advice on what limit you should hold and answer any queries you may have.
- Commercial Legal Expenses – Access to legal experts to assist with any claims made against your business including Tax and VAT investigations.
- Insurance Backed Guarantees – Cover to guarantee your works after the contract has been completed, often taken out of 10 to 15year periods to provide peace of mind to your customers.
- Performance Bonds – Typically required for larger contracts you may be asked to provide a Bond to ensure the satisfactory completion of your contract
- Property Damage – Cover for your Buildings, General Contents, Stock, Fixtures and Fittings, Tenants Improvements and Business Interruption. Cover can be extended for Goods in Transit, Computer Equipment, Loss of Money and All Risks anywhere in the UK if required.
- Fleet Insurance – Cover for Fleet Insurance for all sizes and different types of businesses. A minimum of 2 vehicles is required to go onto a Fleet Policy. We can assist with existing Fleet policies or can set up brand new fleet insurances if you have previously insured your vehicles separately.
How is damp proofing achieved?
Whether it’s damp proofing walls to prevent penetrating damp, treating rising damp, or dealing with condensation problems, damp proofing costs needn’t be prohibitive, though selecting the appropriate treatment will depend on the results of the damp survey.
Penetrating damp: Once the source of the water ingress has been identified and repaired, treatments such as silicone water repellents, bitumen coatings, or a waterproof membrane can be applied to guard against future damp problems.
Rising damp: Specialist creams are injected into the brickwork to form a waterproof barrier at the base of the wall; this will prevent water rising and penetrating the building. Once the brickwork has dried out, the interior walls are re-plastered with plaster containing a waterproof additive.
Condensation: Sources of excess moisture are removed (for example, indoor drying of clothes). Additionally, the problem can be treated by the installation of passive ventilation units or dehumidifiers, or insulation of cold surfaces. Condensation problems can also be kept at bay by improving heating, and anti-fungal applications will help eradicate any mould.
For more information you can visit the Property Care Association (PCA) website for training and videos on Water Proofing or if you are looking to take on a Waterproofing Design Specialist you can search the PCA register to find your local expert.
Our Damp Proofing Insurance ensures you are covered for all works undertaken to protect your clients properties and provide them peace of mind knowing you have a specialist insurance policy in place.
Making a claim
Unfortunately, with all the will in the world, Damp Proofing Insurance claims will happen. All insurers will have their own claims procedures, but below are a couple of things you can do to make the process as quick and stress free as possible!
Once you have received details of an incident from your client or employees, you should contact your broker (preferable Clarke Williams Ltd) to notify them of a possible claim. Even if you only have limited details it is always best to notify your insurers immediately.
Once you receive the invoice for repairs from the hirer, you will need to send this and following to your insurance broker;
- Full description of the incident and copies of any correspondence received
- Details of any remedial actions taken or proposed
- Full listing of any costs incurred
Providing your insurer gets all the above documentation and there are no other underlying issues, your insurer should be able to process the claim and appoint a loss adjuster to approve your claim.
Need a quote for Damp Proofing Contractors Insurance?
- We can offer the following cover extensions with specialist insurers:
- Increased Height Limits above 10m
- Increased Depth Limit below 2m
- Professional Indemnity
- Defective Workmanship
- Performance Bonds
- Insurance Backed Guarantees
If you would like to see what options are available, give us a call. Our service includes the following:
- A no-obligation review of your insurances
- Identification of any gaps in cover
- Help you to arrange a policy that meets your needs
- Answer any questions you may have
- Comparison of insurance quotes & cover from multiple insurance companies (we’re independent so not tied to any insurers
- Availability of instant cover
- If there is a better deal out there, we’ll tell you. You can still transfer your insurance to us and try out our service
- Option of face-to-face, telephone or online communication
- Ongoing one-to-one support throughout the year
- We’ll be here to help if you need to make a claim
For a no obligation quotation from one of our Damp Proofing experts please call us on 01732 252898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.
Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898
or submit your details below