Your Future Protected
We Do Things Differently
Escape Room Insurance
Navigate the challenge of finding the right insurance
As one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK Leisure Industry, Escape Rooms are becoming more complex in order to stay ahead of the competition and the insurance market has struggled to keep up with the unique risks presented. Thankfully Clarke Williams have established a strong relationship with Escape Rooms across the country and have a unique understanding of the risks and insurance requirements enabling us to obtain competitive premiums for your Escape Room insurance.
What Insurance covers should my Escape Room have?
Having worked closely with Escape Room owners we have created a solution to enable you to create a tailored package of insurances including:
- Equipment Breakdown – Equipment breakdown insurance is designed to protect your business against the cost of replacing or repairing your equipment that is damaged as a result of a sudden mechanical or electrical breakdown. It could be the breakdown of a network server, or a compressor failure that causes a game to no longer function. Having the right insurance cover in place can give you the peace of mind that you’ll be able to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Business Interruption – Business interruption insurance is designed to cover your business against the loss of income that is the result of being unable to trade due to an unexpected interruption, such as insured damage to property. This may be because of unforeseen circumstances such as a fire, flood or major theft that have left your business premises unusable.
- Public Liability – Public Liability Insurance is designed to cover your business for any bodily injury or property damage to third parties which arises in the course of your day to day activities such as slips and trips within an Escape Room
- Employers Liability – Employers Liability is a legal requirement for all employers within the UK. It is designed to protect your employees who sustain injury or illness during their normal working activities.
- Tenants Improvements – Tenants Improvements Cover provides coverage for permanent additions you have made to a property such as floor and wall coverings, ceilings, partitions, air conditioning, fire protection, and security.
- Computer Equipment – Computer Equipment Cover is designed to protect your computers and electronic equipment within your Escape Room such as CCTV systems, Sound Systems, Control Rooms and Computer controlled mechanisms.
- Cyber Liability – Cyber Liability Insurance is designed to support and protect your business if it experiences a data breach or is the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects its computer systems. It provides comprehensive cover, simplicity, reputation protection and a trusted partner in the event of a claim.
- Commercial Legal Expenses – Commercial Legal Expenses Insurance is designed to provide advice and legal defence costs for bringing or defending a court case aswell as representation in appeals for Tax enquiries and VAT disputes.
What can I do to improve my risk for Escape Room Insurance?
The very nature of Escape Rooms poses unique insurance risks for insurers along with the usual risks that apply to most normal businesses. There are several steps you can take to help protect your business and reduce the costs of your Escape Room Insurance, such as:
- Regular checking and maintenance of all equipment
- Clear signage for any obstacles or trip/impact hazards
- Initial questionnaires and disclaimers for medical conditions etc
- Clear and concise briefing to players to make them aware of the risks and rules of the game
- Direct supervision or CCTV supervision in place to assist players
- Written procedures for injury reporting and accidents
As specialists for Escape Room Insurance we can help you to implement these measures and provide advice and wordings for your procedures and disclaimers.
Need new ideas for your Escape Room?
Keeping up to date with the latest trends and keeping ahead of the competition requires constant reviews and updates of your rooms. To make life a little easier we have complied a list of suppliers of props and games to enable you to review other offerings and keep your Escape Room ahead of the curve.
A great guide on business planning and evolving your Escape Room can be found here
Or join the UK Escape Room Owners Facebook page for advice from fellow owners https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKEscapeRoomOwners/
Need a quote for your Escape Room Insurance?
If you would like to see what options are available for your Escape Room Insurance, give us a call. Our service includes the following:
- A no-obligation review of your insurances
- Identification of any gaps in cover
- Help you to arrange a policy that meets your needs
- Answer any questions you may have
- Comparison of insurance quotes & cover from multiple insurance companies (we’re independent so not tied to any insurers
- Availability of instant cover
- If there is a better deal out there, we’ll tell you. You can still transfer your insurance to us and try out our service
- Option of face-to-face, telephone or online communication
- Ongoing one-to-one support throughout the year
- We’ll be here to help if you need to make a claim
Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.
Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898
or submit your details below
Submit your details for a quote
Clarke Williams Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 758683. The Financial Conduct Authority’s Register can be accessed through http://www.fca.org.uk/ . We are registered in England and Wales with Companies House under number 10317065. Our registered office address is Blue Bell Court, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1FU.