Your Future Protected
We Do Things Differently
Fire Protection Contractors Liability Insurance
Providing solutions to prevent losses from fire can carry risks of there own for contractors. Poor advice given to your client or an accident on site could have serious repercussions for your business.
At Clarke Williams we recognise the complexities of the fire industry and understand the challenges of finding the right cover which not only protects your assets and staff but also complies with industry contract requirements and regulation. The work you undertake is complex at times but your insurance solution doesn’t have to be.
Our insurer partners provide specialist insurance for fire contractors giving you the peace of mind your business is covered should a loss arise as a result of injury to members of the public, damage to your client’s property, injury to employees whilst on site or worst of all your product or service failing.
Our clients include fire protection specialists (whether working as the main contractor or subcontractor to the principal), specialist suppression engineers carrying out design activities and those in high risk locations including data centres, manufacturing plants, power plants and fire protection contractors.
We can quote the following trades:
• Fire alarm contractors
• Fire sprinkler system contractors
• Smoke alarm installers
• Portable and fixed extinguisher installers
• Emergency lighting
• Passive fire protection including intumescent spraying
• Security Contractors
• Wet/dry risers
• Access control
We are a specialist liability and indemnity insurance broker. We can quickly and painlessly provide you with quotations from the leading insurers enabling you to make an informed decision on your insurance policy.
We will discuss your requirements and provide a tailored quote which will ensure that your fire protection business has the correct cover at a competitive price.
What Insurance does a Fire Protection Contractor need?
Whether you are self-employed or have a team of employees working for you, it is essential you have adequate cover to protect your business:
Public and Products Liability Insurance covers you for bodily injury to third parties or property damage which arises in the course of your daily activities, for example, damage to a client’s premises or neighbouring property whilst you are undertaking work. Clarke Williams can provide Public Liability limits from £1,000,000 to in excess of £10,000,000.
There are a number of extensions we can include within our liability Insurance that many generic policies do not include:
• Efficacy – provides cover for loss or damage to property arising from the failure of a service or product due to its inability to fulfil its intended function e.g. alleged failure of a fire alarm or sprinkler.
• Defective Workmanship – provides cover for damage or injury caused as a result of your faulty workmanship (but not the damage to the part which was supplied or worked on).
• Financial loss – provides cover for pecuniary losses or expenses sustained by a third party as a result of a defect or unsuitability of works, which do not cause bodily injury or property damage
Employers Liability Insurance covers you for liability arising from employees who sustain an injury or illness during the course of their employment with you. It is a legal requirement for all employers within the UK to hold this cover and the minimum statutory limit is £5,000,000, however most insurers provide £10,000,000 as standard
You may need Employers Liability Insurance for someone who works for you if:
• You deduct national insurance and income tax from the money you pay them
• You have the right to control where and when they work and how they do it
• You supply their work materials and equipment
• Your contract states that you are responsible for their actions and supervision of such
Contract Works Insurance covers work in the course of construction before it is handed over to the principal or employer on practical completion. It can pay to repair or to redo the work that is in progress if it is damaged by an insured event like fire, flood, storm, vandalism or theft and includes both the permanent and temporary works.
Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance also known as Design and Construct Professional Indemnity protects contractors and sub contracted specialists (such as lighting or fire suppression designers) for allegations relating to errors in their work or incorrect design. It will also provide rectification costs should work be required to correct that occurred during construction or in the design.
We can also cater for Hired In Plant, Own Plant, Tools and Commercial Fleet Insurance.
Why Clarke Williams Insurance Brokers?
• High risk trades catered for
• Cover provided for ‘Hot Works’
• We work with insurers who are comfortable with a high proportion of Bona Fide Subcontracted Labour
• We have access to specialist markets that can provide policies with no height and depth limits if required
• Accommodation of high risk locations such as data centres, manufacturing plants, sub stations and power plants
• Over 50 years experience and technical knowledge
• We are independent insurance brokers and we only work for you, the customer.
• All staff are UK based – No call centres
• Dedicated account managers with specialist knowledge in your industry
If you would like a no obligation quotation for your insurance arrangements call 01732 252 898 and speak to one of our account executives today.
Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.
Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898
or submit your details below
Submit your details for a quote
Clarke Williams Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 758683. The Financial Conduct Authority’s Register can be accessed through http://www.fca.org.uk/ . We are registered in England and Wales with Companies House under number 10317065. Our registered office address is Blue Bell Court, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1FU.