Food Shops Insurance – Compare premiums and lettuce save you money

Comparing shop insurance quotes with Clarke Williams is the best way to find a better deal for cover, whether you’re insuring your Convenience Store, Bakery or Greengrocers.

We’ll be able to compare deals by a range of factors, including the premiums you’ll pay and the cover you’ll get. Once we’ve found the right deal for you buying cover couldn’t be easier.


  • We’ll cover you if you sell your products online, at home, in a shop, and on a market stall.
  • No admin fees if you need to make changes to your policy
  • A Rated Insurers
  • Specialist extensions given as standard
  • Claims support service
  • Seasonal Increase for Stock given as standard

Get A Quote

Insuring your shop premises can be a complicated matter, your premises is different to any others and your particular risk may be very different, even to an identically built property next door if your products and services are different.  There are many aspects to consider and finding the right insurance partner is key to an affordable but quality contract of insurance cover that protects you in the event of a problem.

As an insurance broker, Clarke Williams specialise in helping you navigate the journey of insurance, whether that be a simple package policy for a high street green grocer, or a portfolio of supermarkets designed to cover multinational risks including multiple premises and warehouses, distribution channels and important supplier relationships or professional risks such as Directors and Officers, Product Recall insurance and perhaps Professional indemnity.

With Clarke Williams Insurance Brokers, you’ll get the freedom to tailor your insurance cover to meet your needs. That means you get the cover that’s right for your business – not someone else’s.

Clarke Williams Ltd will compare multiple quotes from a range of leading insurers and get a tailored shop insurance quote for your business. It’s quick, easy and specific to your needs. Your dedicated account advisor is at the end of a phone line. And if you choose us, you’ll benefit from dealing with account advisors based in the UK, their specialist knowledge, the option of monthly payments and the assistance in the event of a claim.


So what insurance do I actually need for my shop?

Legally, there is one class of insurance you must carry (if you have employees) and that is Employers Liability insurance, but there are other areas for which it would be prudent to have cover (and may be contractually required)

Public Liability Insurance covers you for any property damage or bodily injury which arises in the course of your day to day activities, such as visiting a supplier’s premise or when members of the public visit your retail premises.

Product Liability Insurance covers the cost of compensating anyone who is injured by a faulty product that your business manufactures or supplies. Even if you do not manufacture the product but distribute it, you should still consider insurance cover to help defend your business in the event you are drawn into a claim.

Premises and Stock cover, does what it says on the tin, if you own or rent the premises and are responsible if it is damaged, or if someone steals all of your valuable stock, this section of cover will provide financial recompense. We can also provide cover for deterioration of stock which covers damage to goods stored in specified cold storage spaces, freezers or fridges, which occurs as a result of a change in temperature caused by a breakdown of the refrigeration equipment or accidental damage to it.

Business interruption to protect your income in the event of a major catastrophe such as a fire or flood at the premises leaving you unable to trade but still having to pay the bills.


Do I need shop insurance if my shop is online?

If your business sells products through an online shop, you’ll still need much of the same cover as with a physical shop – including Contents, Stock, Product Liability and Employers Liability.

Another important area to consider for online retailers is Cyber-insurance, which can protect you against the cost of:

  • A cybersecurity breach leading to fines and lawsuits
  • Public relations costs, because you may need to invest in repairing your business’s public image
  • Loss of income following the disablement of a website


Can you cover employee theft?

Yes we can. Employee Theft cover is also known as Fidelity Insurance covers losses sustained by the employer as a result of an act of forgery, fraud or dishonesty from an employee. The loss can be of goods, assets or money.


What shops do we cover?

As an independent specialist with over 40 years experience in the insurance industry, we have put together solutions with a range of insurers. This allows us to offer terms on the vast range of trades.

We can cater for your individual shop premises on the High Street to an entire portfolio of units across the country. Below are a few examples of the shops and leisure businesses we have helped in the past:


  • Greengrocers
  • Corner shop
  • Fishmongers
  • Takeaways and Fast foods
  • Supermarkets
  • Discount Stores
  • Butchers
  • Online Food Retailers
  • Frozen Food Retailers
  • Heath Food Shops
  • Wine Retailers
  • Convenience stores
  • Farm shops
  • Bakeries and Cake Makers


So whether you own a Butchers, Health Food Shop or Farm Shop we can obtain a quote that will protect your business. We are also able to cover to online trading and wholesale trades – please contact our team on 01732 252 898 to discuss your needs.


Want to speak to one of our specialists?

Call or email us today for a comprehensive insurance policy at a competitive price.

Telephone: 01732 252898

Or email us using the form below.

Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.

Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898

or submit your details below

Submit your details for a quote

    Contact Name

    Email Address


    Your Message / Enquiry

    Renewal Date (if applicable)

    How did you hear about us?

    I am happy to be contacted

    Clarke Williams Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 758683. The Financial Conduct Authority’s Register can be accessed through . We are registered in England and Wales with Companies House under number 10317065. Our registered office address is Blue Bell Court, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1FU.
    Clarke Williams Ltd
    Blue Bell Court
    Sovereign Way
    TN9 1FU
    Tel: 01732 252 898
    © 2023 Clarke Williams Ltd