Your Future Protected
We Do Things Differently
Specialist Liability Insurance for Home Automation Contractors and Installers
Is your liability insurance smart enough?
Modern technology is now a major part of our lives and with the rise of smart devices and home automation it is essential that more attention is placed on reviewing liability Insurance for contractors that design and install home and commercial automation systems.
Our Home Automation and Audio Visual Scheme is specifically tailored to the needs of Home Automation contractors, with all the great benefits of our scheme wording, such as inefficacy – the failure for a product or service to fulfil its intended function.
Clarke Williams have worked with the leading insurers to give contractors access to bespoke solutions for Home Automation Contractors and Installers Liability Insurance, not only covering your activities but providing specialist extensions in cover at a competitive price.
Our Public/Products Liability Section can the following covers;
- Contractual Liability
- Fidelity Bonding
- Defective Workmanship
- Financial Loss including Products
Plus optional extensions for damage to parts worked upon, height work in excess of 10 metres and depth work. We also can include Professional Indemnity and Directors & Officers Liability.
What is a Smart Home or Smart Property?
- Smart locks – allowing clients to review the security of a property remotely via a smartphone. These allow for greater flexibility especially if a client needs to let a courier deliver a parcel or an employee has forgotten to lock the property, a quick click can unlock and lock the doors.
- Smart alarms – rather than simply causing a noise the smart alarms can also record CCTV, link to a speaker on a phone to alert thieves that clients are aware of their presence and also trigger smoke bombs to obscure vision. Fire alarms can alert owners instantly and shut off oil & gas supplies to minimise damage caused or prevent a major incident.
- Smart lighting – while available to create mood lighting or automatically turn on/off lights as you walk around a property these can also be used to remotely control lights while you are away to give the impression that the property is occupied helping to deter potential thieves.
- Smart sound – one of the most common smart devices is an audio vision system which can control music throughout a property all from a smartphone.
- Smart heating – with the Government pledge to install smart energy meters in every home by 2020 this is one of the fastest growing areas of consumer tech. While not only allowing clients to monitor energy remotely, they can now switch on/off heating when you arrive or leave.
- Smart cameras – from remote controlled CCTV to Pet Monitors clients cna now view the exterior and interior of a property from anywhere in the world. A great way for providing peace of mind while away or for checking a favourite pet or member of staff is behaving themselves.
- Monitoring and Leak protection – There are a wide array of Leak Prevention Devices available for both the commercial and residential markets. We can provide bespoke cover for you on all prevention devices and ensure you have the vital covers such as failure to perform cover. Clarke Williams can cover you for automatic shut off valves, leak detection systems and even wireless on/off controls.
Why does a home automation contractor or installer need liability insurance?
What Insurance home automation contractor or installer need?
- Defective Workmanship – provides cover for damage or injury caused as a result of your faulty workmanship (but not the damage to the part which was supplied or worked on).
- Financial loss – provides cover for pecuniary losses or expenses sustained by a third party as a result of a defect or unsuitability of works, which do not cause bodily injury or property damage
- Efficacy – provides cover for loss or damage to property arising from the failure of a service or product due to its inability to fulfil its intended function e.g. alleged failure of an alarm or CCTV equipment.
- You deduct national insurance and income tax from the money you pay them
- You have the right to control where and when they work and how they do it
- You supply their work materials and equipment
- Your contract states that you are responsible for their actions and supervision of such
How much liability insurance does a home automation contractor need?
Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.
Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898
or submit your details below
Submit your details for a quote
Clarke Williams Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 758683. The Financial Conduct Authority’s Register can be accessed through http://www.fca.org.uk/ . We are registered in England and Wales with Companies House under number 10317065. Our registered office address is Blue Bell Court, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1FU.