Your Future Protected
We Do Things Differently
Is your Home protected this holiday season?
As we are starting the holiday season I thought I would share some of the information that we have passed onto our clients as this may be beneficial to you.
The holiday season brings a welcome break but unfortunately also sees a significant rise in Burglary rates across the UK. Thieves are a lot more alert these days to homeowners being away and use this as an opportunity to try to profit on your misfortune.
There are several simple steps you can take to help reduce the likelihood of suffering a theft while you are away:
- Make sure all accessible windows/doors are locked and secured.
- Check that your alarm is set.
- Create an appearance of life at the property (set lights on an auto timer, ask a neighbour to put your bins out/in).
- Don’t post holiday snaps on Social Media – this is becoming the main trend in the rise of theft as thieves know exactly when you are away and can strike knowing you are not at home. We have seen this several times with celebrities but this is now filtering down to the general public.
- Inform trusted neighbours or a family member of your holiday and ask them to check on the property on a regular basis – if anyone is watching the property for signs of unoccupancy then this may prevent you being targeted.
- Lock away any Garden or DIY tools that may be left outside the property – not only could these be stolen they could also be used to gain entry to the property.
- Don’t store any keys, valuables or handbags in plain sight – if someone can spot these through a window it is likely enough to tempt them into gaining entry.
- If you are away for an extended period arrange for someone to inspect the property and also maintain the grounds of your property – an overgrown lawn can be a sign to thieves that you are away.
- If you have a safe then use this for any important documents or valuables that you have left behind.
All of the above can help reduce the likelihood of an incident occurring but sometimes the worst does happen and you want to make sure you are properly protected. If you would like to discuss your needs further and for a peace of mind quotation please contact our Property and Home experts on 01732 252898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org , alternatively you can find more information on our website
For our UHNW and HNW individuals we work with several Alarm and Security companies who provide bespoke services tailored to your needs. As part of your policy with us you will have direct access to these companies and discounted pricing on their services.
Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.
Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898
or submit your details below
Submit your details for a quote
Clarke Williams Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 758683. The Financial Conduct Authority’s Register can be accessed through http://www.fca.org.uk/ . We are registered in England and Wales with Companies House under number 10317065. Our registered office address is Blue Bell Court, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1FU.