Your Future Protected
We Do Things Differently
JCT 21.2.1/6.5.1 Non- Negligent Liability Insurance Product
Construction is an inherently dangerous process with many hazards, in particular when working close to existing buildings or other structures. In such situations, there is the potential for that property to suffer damage. Non-Negligence Liability Insurance is designed to provide liability for loss or damage to adjacent or surrounding property that arises due to non-negligence on behalf of a contractor. As a business owner arranging insurance where you have not been negligent may seem rather unusual, but depending on the type of Contract you are undertaking, you may need to arrange this insurance.
A standard Public Liability Insurance policy will only indemnify the Insured Party against damage to third party property or persons which has resulted from their negligence. But what if the Works damage a neighbouring property and the Contractor was not negligent? This is where Non-negligence Liability comes in to play and it is a standalone site specific policy to your existing insurance arrangements.
Key features of the product include:
- Indemnity Limits available from £1,000,000 to £10,000,000
- Basement construction and related works considered
- 12 Month maintenance and defects liability period following expiration of policy as standard
- Excess of Loss options up to £10,000,000 available
- Security: Company Market- A Rated (A.M. Best)
There are a variety of construction activities that could give rise to the potential hazards covered by the insurance, including:
- Foundation excavations
- Shoring of walls
- Works that may affect the load-bearing capacity of a structure
- Works on listed buildings or buildings in a poor condition
- De-watering of the ground
- Demolition close to an existing property
With minimum premiums starting at £750.00 + IPT call Clarke Williams today for your Non-negligent Liability needs. We are able to cater for even the most complex of businesses. Call us on 01732 252898 to discuss your requirements and we will work with you to provide a truly comprehensive solution.
As specialist brokers for Construction and Renovations we are also able to assist with:
- Performance Bonds
- Structural Warranties
- JCT 5.4 Existing Structure and Contract Works
- Motor Fleet Insurance
- Group Personal Accident
- Directors and Officers Insurance
Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.
Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898
or submit your details below