Hotel and Guesthouse Insurance 

With an estimated 180,000 businesses involved in Hospitality and Tourism involving nearly 10% of the total UK workforce it is key to ensure that these businesses and employees are properly protected. Ensuring you have the right Hotel Insurance policy can be a daunting thought, our bespoke solutions take away the stress and provide peace of mind that you have the right coverage in place.

We can provide cover for:

  • Bed and Breakfast
  • Guesthouses
  • Airbnb Accommodation
  • Hotels
  • Chains of Hotels
  • Hotels with attached casinos
  • Hotels with attached nightclubs
  • Hostels
  • Serviced apartments
  • Holiday cottages
  • Glamping Venues
  • Grade Listed Premises

Our bespoke approach allows us to get you the best cover at the best price – ensuring peace of mind that should the worst occur you will be able to continue trading.

What insurance cover should a Hotel or Guesthouse have?

Employers Liability Insurance is a legal requirement for businesses in the UK employing any members of staff. This covers you for liability arising from employees or temporary staff who sustain an injury or illness during the course of their employment with you.

We would also recommend Public and Products Liability Insurance (sometimes called General Liability) which covers accidents for bodily injury to third parties or property damage which arise in the course of your daily activities.

Public liability Insurance is not a legal requirement for businesses in the UK. But if you don’t have it and a third party makes a claim against you, the impact on you and your business could be calamitous.  

Our specialist Hotel Insurance polices can be catered to meet your exact requirements and we can include the following cover:

  • Buildings – Covers the structure of your premises, as well as fixtures, fittings, outbuildings and improvements in the event of accidental loss, destruction or damage.
  • Stock – Covers the value of your stock in your premises including alcohol, tobacco and frozen goods in the event of theft, loss or damage.
  • Contents – Covers your general contents, fixtures and fittings in the event of theft, loss or damage.
  • Loss of business money – Covers your business money in the event it is stolen from your premises, your home or whilst being delivered to the bank.
  • Goods in transit – Covers you if your goods are lost or damaged in transit while being carried by a third party or in vehicles owned or operated by you.
  • Business interruption – Covers you if your business suffers a loss of income following an incident, you will need to cover any loss of profits and continuing overheads, including wages and rent.
  • Accounts receivable – Covers money you are owed by your customers if your accounting records or other business books are lost due to damage.
  • Business equipment – Covers you in the event of theft, loss or damage to portable business equipment that you use in or away from your premises.
  • Legal expenses – Protect your business from the costs of legal proceedings such as breach of contract, data protection, employment and VAT disputes.
  • Loss of licence – Covers you if you lose your licence to sell alcohol loss of sales and the reduction in the value of your business.
  • Extended Public Liability – we can extend your cover to include Outside Catering, exhibitions at trade shows. This can also be extended to over Children’s play areas, late night bars, attached casinos and nightclubs.
  • Extended Contents Cover – we are able to cover high value items such as art and antiques within your Hotel or Guesthouse.
  • Customers, Guests & Employees Personal Effects extension
  • Property in the Open – such as outdoor furniture.
  • Household contents – for the Insured, their family or employees who reside at the premises.
  • Alternative Accommodation – cover costs for the Insured, their family or employees who reside at the premises in the event that the property is not habitable following a loss.


What other insurance cover should a Hotel or Guesthouse consider?

Our tailored solutions enable our clients to cover all aspects of their business in one place, while providing expert advice to cover your premises and liabilities we can also provide the following covers to help save you time and money:

  • Engineering Inspection – Any high pressure machinery within your kitchen areas as well as your boilers are required by law to be maintained under Health and Safety regulations. If you hotel is spread over several floors you may also have escalators and lift equipment which will require inspections. We can provide a high-quality Engineering Inspection policy to carry out these checks for you and ensure you are compliant with requirements.
  • Fleet Insurance – As part of your business you may have a Fleet of vehicles used for delivering stock or transporting goods between locations. We can arrange competitive insurances for commercial vehicles to help reduce your costs.
  • Directors and Officers Liability – Provides protection and defence for directors and employees acting in management roles should a claim arise against them individually.
  • Terrorism Cover – This cover is typically excluded from commercial insurance policies unless requested. If your Hotel or Guesthouse is located within a city centre or near an area of high importance then it is worth considering Terrorism Insurance.


How much does Hotel Insurance cost?

There are several factors that can impact your insurance costs such as claims history, location, construction and sums insured. Our tailored Hotel Insurance policies are able to provide you with the right cover at competitive premiums. Call one of our expert advisors today to ensure you have the correct cover in place and let us save you time and money.

We offer a free risk review service for local establishments call us today to book an appointment for one of our Leisure experts to attend your premises if you are based in the following areas:

 Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Maidstone, Bromley, Dartford, Crawley, Ashford, Canterbury, Hastings, Guildford, Brighton

Want to speak to one of our specialists?

Call or email us today for a comprehensive insurance policy at a competitive price.

Telephone: 01732 252898

Or email us using the form below.

Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.

Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898

or submit your details below

Submit your details for a quote

    Contact Name

    Email Address


    Your Message / Enquiry

    Renewal Date (if applicable)

    How did you hear about us?

    I am happy to be contacted

    Clarke Williams Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 758683. The Financial Conduct Authority’s Register can be accessed through . We are registered in England and Wales with Companies House under number 10317065. Our registered office address is Blue Bell Court, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1FU.
    Clarke Williams Ltd
    Blue Bell Court
    Sovereign Way
    TN9 1FU
    Tel: 01732 252 898
    © 2023 Clarke Williams Ltd