Your Future Protected
We Do Things Differently
Technology and IT Contractors Professional Indemnity and Liability insurance
Technology is vital to the growth of the UK Economy and the industry is growing at a phenomenal pace. UK based technology companies and contractors are at the forefront, and your technology business demands the highest level of service and insurance protection from a broker that constantly innovates to provide the cover you need with A rated insurers.
Expect more from your insurance, use Clarke Williams Insurance Brokers:
- We understand that the tech industry moves at a fast pace, and how businesses need to be flexible in what they do to accommodate the ever-growing demand.
- We can tailor insurance policies to fit your needs and comply with your clients’ contracts.
- Clarke Williams are specialist insurance brokers for Professional Indemnity and Liability insurance and can provide cover limits ranging from £100,000 – £10,000,000 and upwards.
- We have access to specialist insurers whether it be self-employed IT contractors, cyber consultants or robotics companies combining our industry-specific knowledge with professional and business support services to offer you more than just an insurance policy.
- Worldwide cover available
- No hidden fees or cancellation charges
Tailor your Technology insurance policy to your needs with these covers:
Professional Indemnity Insurance covers your business in respect of any incorrect advice or perceived failures in your professional services. It will cover your legal defence cost as well as any third-party damages, should you be found negligent.
For example if you’re a contractor developing software and as a result of your actions there is a delay to its delivery or an error in the coding, it is highly likely your client will demand considerable compensation from you. Professional indemnity could cover the cost of such a claim.
Typically a Technology Wording will include the following cover:
- Errors and omissions, such as giving wrong advise or an error in your work
- unintentional breach of a contract with a client – Unfortunately Breach of contract is one of the most common insurance claims in your industry
- Inadvertently making a statement that you cannot substantiate
- Accidentally infringing of another person’s intellectual Property rights such as copyright, trademark, design rights, acts of passing off, etc
- defamation – making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- The dishonesty of your partners, directors, employees, sub-contractors or outsources
- The costs of replacing or restoring loss or damaged documents
- The transmission of viruses, denial of service attacks and unauthorised acquisition of personal or confidential corporate data
- Any other Civil Liability, that is not excluded from an insurer’s policy
Public and Products Liability Insurance covers you for any bodily injury or property damage which arises during your day today activities, such as visiting a client’s premise.
Employers’ Liability Insurance is a legal requirement for all employers within the UK. The cover has a minimum limit of £5,000,000 and will meet the cost of compensation for your employees’ injuries or illness sustained as a result of their working activities, whether caused on or off site.
You may also need:
Intellectual Property (IP) Insurance provides cover for your legal defence and pursuit costs in respect of IP rights and IP licence agreement issues. It covers your rights in respect of patents, copyright, trade mark and trade secrets, but can also cover a business idea, inventions, designs, written material, data, software that your business has developed.
Cyber Insurance. The impact of Cyber-attacks can have long reaching consequences. The cover is designed to support and protect your business if it experiences a data breach or is the subject of an attack by a malicious hacker that affects its computer systems. A Cyber policy typically includes the following:
- Providing expert analysis to investigate any breach
- Ransomware – Cyber extortion
- Handle the notification to customers and regulatory bodies
- Cover any losses incurred
- Assist in paying legal costs and regulatory fines
Buildings, Machinery & Contents Insurance – cover your computers, business equipment and other workplace property against fire, flood, theft and more so you can have peace of mind that you’re protected against the unexpected. Cover can provided on an ‘All Risk’ bases for laptops and electrical devices taken form the office or overseas.
Business interruption Insurance. We can help you get back to work after a crisis. If the site has a significant loss, business interruption insurance can help soften the blow whilst your property and machinery is repaired or replaced.
Products Recall Insurance covers the expenses associated with recalling a product from the general market. Product Recall Insurance is typically purchased manufacturers of electronic hardware such as computers or component but also for specialist lab equipment, safety devices or audio visual equipment . It covers costs such as customer notification, shipping costs and disposal costs. A badly managed products recall can cause panic and be devastating to your company reputation.
Call Clarke Williams for further information on the options available.
Whether you are a contractor working from home or a client’s site Clarke Williams has a range of products you can tailor to suit your needs. Organising cover couldn’t be easier, below are just some of the businesses we are able to assist:
- Telecommunications Companies
- Equipment and infrastructure manufacturers
- Fibre Optic Installers
- Cyber Security Specialists
- Data Centres
- Electronics Manufacturing Companies
- Instruments and measuring manufactures
- Specialist robotics manufactures
- IT products, applications and computer programming services
- IT integrators and consultants
- Managed and outsourced IT services
- Software houses
- Research and development
- AI Developers
Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected.
Get a quote by calling our team on 01732 252 898
or submit your details below