Clarke Williams Logo

Clarke Williams Ltd
- Insurance Brokers -

01732 252 898

Clarke Williams Insurance Brokers

Clarke Williams Ltd Insurance Brokers

Kitchen Installers and Contractors Liability Insurance

Cover provided by rated insurers
No hidden fees
No cancellation charges
Claims support service

Kitchen and Bathroom Fitting Contractors Liability Insurance

 At Clarke Williams we recognise the complexities of running your own business and understand the challenges of finding the right cover which not only protects your assets and staff but also complies with industry contract requirements and regulation. From one man band kitchen fitters to contracting firms and kitchen and bathroom showrooms, Clarke Williams are here to help.

Although as a kitchen and bathroom fitting contractor you have to make sure you and your business are protected in case a claim arises as a result of injury to members of the public, damage to your client’s property and illness/injury of your labour force, it does not have to be complicated.

We are a specialist liability insurance broker who can quickly and painlessly provide you with terms from the leading insurers to enable you to make an informed decision on your insurance policy. We are here to discuss your requirements and provide a tailored quote which will ensure that your business has the correct cover at a competitive price.

 What Insurance does a Kitchen and Bathroom Fitting Contractors need?

Whether you are self-employed or have a team of employees working for you, it is essential you have adequate cover to protect your liabilities

Public and Products Liability Insurance covers you for bodily injury to third parties or property damage which arises in the course of your daily  activities,  for example damage to a client’s premises (most commonly escape of water) or neighbouring property whilst you are undertaking work. Nowadays, it is becoming more prevalent for Contractors to be asked to have enhanced limits for their Contractors Liability Insurance and at Clarke Williams can provide Public Liability limits from £1,000,000 to in excess of £10,000,000.

Employers’ Liability Insurance covers you for liability arising from employees who sustain an injury or illness during the course of their employment with you. It is a legal requirement for all employers within the UK to hold this cover and the minimum statutory limit is £5,000,000 however most insurers provide £10,000,000 as standard

You may need Employers’ Liability Insurance for someone who works for you if:

  • You deduct national insurance and income tax from the money you pay them
  • You have the right to control where and when they work and how they do it
  • You supply their work materials and equipment
  • Your contract states that you are responsible for their actions and supervision of such

Contract works insurance covers work in the course of construction before it is handed over to the principal or employer on practical completion. It can pay to repair or to redo the work that’s in progress if it’s damaged by an insured event like fire, flood, storm, vandalism or theft and includes both the permanent works (including unfixed materials) and temporary works anywhere in the UK.

Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance also known as Design and Construct Professional Indemnity, protects contractors and sub contracted specialists (such as kitchen and bathroom designers) for allegations relating to errors in their work or incorrect design.

We can also cater for Hired In Plant, Own Plant, Tools and Commercial Fleet Insurance.


Want to speak to one of our specialists?

For a bespoke
Kitchen Contractors quote
contact our
Liability specialists today.

Telephone: 01732 252 898

For a bespoke Kitchen Contractors quote contact our
Liability specialists today on 01732 252 898

or submit your details below

Submit your details for a quote

    Contact Name

    Email Address


    Your Message / Enquiry

    Renewal Date (if applicable)

    How did you hear about us?

    I am happy to be contacted

    What If I am Contracting or Sub-Contracting?

    Contracting. As a Kitchen and Bathroom contractor, it is important to check the extent and scope of your potential liabilities and make sure that you have the correct cover in place with your broker. You should also be aware of the situation regarding any unsupervised sub-contractors, they may need their own cover and if so, you should ask for evidence that this is in place. Your insurer will have certain stipulations regarding the levels of liability cover required for your subcontractors.

    Sub-Contracting. If you work as a sub-contracted kitchen fitter on an unsupervised basis, you will need your own liability cover. If you are supervised, your on-site risks may be covered by the main contractor’s policy, however, we always advise contractors not rely to third parties insurance arrangements unless they are certain that all of their possible liabilities and losses that may arise would be covered.

    Shop Around for the Best Deal on Kitchen and Bathroom Insurance

    On your behalf Clarke Williams Insurance Brokers will obtain quotations from the leading kitchen and bathroom fitting insurance specialists and provide an analysis of the most suitable terms. You can then be confident that you are paying the best possible price for the specialist cover you require.


    What level of Liability Insurance will a Kitchen or Bathroom Contractor need?

    Both Public Liability and Employers Liability contain limits for the maximum amount that an insurer will pay in the event of a single claim or the maximum limit that they will pay during the course of your insurance policy.

    Most insurers provide Public Liability limits of either £1,000,000, £2,000,000, £5,000,000 and even £10,000,000 for Kitchen and Bathroom Contractors. Our team of specialist liability brokers will discuss these limits with you to make sure they meet your requirements.

    The minimum amount legally required for Employers Liability is £5,000,000 but nearly all insurers provide £10,000,000 to make sure you are adequately covered.


    Why Clarke Williams Insurance Brokers?


    • We can cover multiple shops, showrooms and warehouses
    • We work with insurers who are comfortable with a high proportion of Bona Fide Subcontracted Labour
    • Over 50 years of experience and technical knowledge
    • We are independent insurance brokers and we only work for you, the customer.
    • All staff are UK based – No call centres
    • Dedicated account managers with specialist knowledge in your industry

    Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected for all eventualities

    Want to speak to one of our specialists?

    Please call us on
    01732 252 898
    or fill in your details below
    and a member of the team
    will be in touch.

    Email us

      Contact Name

      Email Address


      Your Message / Enquiry

      Renewal Date (if applicable)

      How did you hear about us?

      I am happy to be contacted

      Clarke Williams Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under reference 758683. The Financial Conduct Authority’s Register can be accessed through . We are registered in England and Wales with Companies House under number 10317065. Our registered office address is Blue Bell Court, Sovereign Way, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1FU.

      Clarke Williams Ltd
      Blue Bell Court
      Sovereign Way
      TN9 1FU

      Tel: 01732 252 898

      © 2022 Clarke Williams Ltd

        01732 252 898