Shops and Leisure Insurance




We compare quotes from leading brands


All staff are UK based. No call centres


Cover provided by A Rated insurers


Claims support service


Range of cover limits to suit all types of businesses

CWIB Insurer Logos
Powered By Google
Clarke Williams Claims Paid 2

Not all Shop owners are the same, so why should your insurance be?

Whether your business is online or on the high street, we’ve got you covered with our business insurance for shops, restaurants, cafes or bars. We provide cover for a wide range of retail businesses, from health food shops and hairdressers, to takeaways and home-based retailers. So, if your business is based in a shop, make sure you tell us so we can give you the right cover. With Clarke Williams Insurance Brokers, you’ll get the freedom to tailor your insurance cover to meet your needs. That means you get the cover that’s right for your business – not someone else’s.

Compare shop insurance quotes

Clarke Williams Ltd will compare multiple quotes from a range of leading insurers and get a tailored shop insurance quote for your business. It’s quick, easy and specific. Your dedicated account advisor is at the end of a phone line. And if you choose us, you’ll benefit from dealing with account advisors based in the UK, their specialist knowledge and the option of monthly payments.


What insurance do I need for my Shop?

When it comes to insuring your business, you will want to make sure that you are fully protected for any eventuality. With our help, this does not have to be a time-consuming process.

As experts in the field, we will work with you to make sure that your livelihood is protected properly to give you full peace of mind.

Public Liability Insurance covers you for any bodily injury or property damage which arises in the course of your day today activities, such as visiting a supplier’s premise or when a customer come to your site.

Products Liability Insurance covers the cost of compensating anyone who is injured by a faulty product that your business manufactures or supplies.

If you do not manufacture the product but you distribute it, you should still be covered, as you may need assistance in the following scenarios:

  • If the products were faulty when they were supplied to you
  • If you did not give customers suitable warnings about misuse and adequate safety instructions.
  • If there is no product recourse available and you are effectively treated as the manufacturer
  • If you break bulk, repackage or rebrand.


Employers’ Liability Insurance is a legal requirement for all employers within the UK. The minimum required limit is £5,000,000 although most insurers give £10,000,000 as standard. The policy is designed to protect employees’ who sustain an injury or illness during their normal business activities by providing compensation.

Jon Weller
Jon Weller
11:56 20 Mar 24
Highly recommend Clarke Williams and especially Scott, who helped me find the best cover for both my construction businesses. Answered all questions promptly and helped explain everything easily. Great Service.
12:26 29 Feb 24
I received very good service from Clarke Williams and would certainly recommend. Graham was extremely thorough and efficient.
Rachel Gardner-Poole
Rachel Gardner-Poole
17:50 10 Feb 24
I found Scott Williams particularly helpful in getting my insurance setup for my new business.
See All Reviews

For a quote tailored to your individual needs, contact our
knowledgeable team today on 01732 252 898

or submit your details below

Submit your details for a quote

    Contact Name

    Email Address


    Your Message / Enquiry

    Renewal Date (if applicable)

    How did you hear about us?

    I am happy to be contacted

    What additional covers can be included under a Shop Insurance Policy?


    We cover your legal requirements of Public Liability and Employers Liability as standard and can extend to include the following:

    Stock – Covers the value of your stock in your premises in the event of theft, loss or damage.

    Contents – Covers your fixtures and fittings aswell as any other contents at your premises in the event of theft, loss or damage.

    Buildings – Covers the structure of your premises, as well as fixtures, fittings and improvements in the event of accidental loss, destruction or damage.

    Loss of business money – Covers your business money in the event it is stolen from your premises or your home.

    Goods in transit – Covers you if your goods are lost or damaged in transit while being carried by a third party or in vehicles owned or operated by you.

    Business interruption – Covers you if your business suffers a loss of income following an incident, you will need to cover any loss of profits and continuing overheads, including wages and rent.

    Accounts receivable – Covers money you are owed by your customers if your accounting records or other business books are lost due to damage.

    Business equipment – Covers you in the event of theft, loss or damage to portable business equipment that you use in or away from your premises.

    Legal expenses – Protect your business from the costs of legal proceedings such as breach of contract, data protection, employment and VAT disputes.

    Loss of licence – Covers you if you lose your licence to sell alcohol loss of sales and the reduction in the value of your shop.


    What is ‘Seasonal Increase of Stock’ insurance?

    This is for shops and other businesses that have amounts of stock which fluctuate substantially in different seasons (a garden furniture retailer for example will have more stock in June/July). This cover allows your ‘sums insured’ amount to be increased by an agreed percentage for your busy times of the year, and helps keep your costs down. Make sure you let your advisor know if you’d like to add this cover.

    Can ATMs (Automated Teller Machines) be covered on my shop insurance?

    Yes, ATMs both inside and built into the walls of your shop can be covered on this policy, please make the team aware this is something you require.

    I sell products online, can this be insured too?

    We can provide cover for stock sold online and exports to outside of the UK. Speak to your advisor so they can ensure they provide you with the correct policy for your needs. In addition to Products liability You will also need to consider if goods in transit insurance is needed.

    Be safe in the knowledge that your business is protected for all eventualities

    get a quote by
    calling our Retail Team

    Telephone: 01732 252 898

    or fill in your details below
    and a member of the team
    will be in touch.

    Email us

      Contact Name

      Email Address


      Your Message / Enquiry

      Renewal Date (if applicable)

      How did you hear about us?

      I am happy to be contacted

      What trades do you cover?

      As an independent specialist with over 40 years experience in the industry, we have put together solutions with a range of insurers. This allows us to offer terms on the vast range of trades.

      We can cater for your individual retail premises on the High Street to an entire portfolio of retail units across the country. Below are a few examples of the shops and leisure businesses we have helped in the past:

      • Florists
      • Beauticians
      • Jewellers
      • Fishmongers
      • Coffee Shops
      • Takeaways and Fast foods
      • Electrical Stores
      • Glassware Shops
      • Wine Merchants
      • Carpet Shops
      • DIY Stores
      • Pubs
      • Restaurants
      • Sportsgrounds
      • Leisure Centres

      So whether you own a Cafe, Clothes Shop, Take Away or Grocer we can obtain a quote that will protect your business. We are also able to cover Online Trading and Wholesale trades – please contact our team on  01732 252 898 to discuss your needs.

        01732 252 898